Archive - May 2010
On May 20, we released Vidalia 0.2.9. Fixes include Qt 4.6.2 compatibility, new cert, and some new translations.
You can download it at https://www.torproject.org/vidalia/. Packages are slowly being updated to include this version of Vidalia.
The full changelog is: read more »
- Remove the GoDaddy CA certificate bundle since we changed the certificate used to authenticate connections to geoips.vidalia-project.net for downloading GeoIP information from a commercial GoDaddy certificate to a free CACert certificate.
- Define -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501 on Windows builds so that MiniUPnPc will build with the latest versions of MinGW.
- Modify miniupnpc.c from MiniUPnPc's source so that it will build on Mac OS X 10.4.
- Work around Qt's new behavior for the QT_WA macro so that Vidalia will
work correctly again on Windows with Qt >= 4.6.
If you know anyone who'd like to be a grad student or postdoc working on Tor (or related things), please pass this information along to them.
The Cryptography, Security, and Privacy (CrySP) research group at the University of Waterloo is seeking applications for graduate students and a postdoctoral researcher in the field of privacy-enhancing technologies, preferably on the topic of privacy-preserving communications systems. These positions will be held in the Cheriton School of Computer Science. read more »
- On April 24, we released Tor 0.2.2.13-alpha. This version addresses the recent connection and memory overload problems we’ve been seeing on relays, especially relays with their DirPort open. If your relay has been crashing, or you turned it off because it used too many resources, give this release a try.
o Major bugfixes:
- Teach relays to defend themselves from connection overload. Relays
now close idle circuits early if it looks like they were intended
for directory fetches. Relays are also more aggressive about closing
TLS connections that have no circuits on them. Such circuits are
unlikely to be re-used, and tens of thousands of them were piling
up at the fast relays, causing the relays to run out of sockets
and memory. Bugfix on 0.2.0.22-rc (where clients started tunneling
their directory fetches over TLS).
o Minor features: read more »