TorBirdy 0.1.2 is out! All users are encouraged to upgrade as soon as possible, especially if you are using Thunderbird 24.
Notable changes in this release include:
0.1.2, 04 Nov 2013
- New options:
- restore default TorBirdy settings
- toggle checking of new messages automatically for all accounts
- The minimum version of Thunderbird we now support is 10.0 (closes #9569)
- `--throw-keyids' is now disabled by default (closes #9648)
- We are no longer forcing Thunderbird updates (closes #8341)
- Add support for Thunderbird 24 (Gecko 17+) (closes #9673)
- Enhanced support for Thunderbird chat
- We have a new TorBirdy logo. Thanks to Nima Fatemi!
- Improved documentation:
- Add new translations and updated existing ones
- Please see the Transifex page for more information and credits
We offer two ways to install TorBirdy -- either by visiting our website (sig) or by visiting the Mozilla Add-ons page for TorBirdy. Note that there may be a delay -- which can range from a few hours to days -- before the extension is reviewed by Mozilla and updated on the Add-ons page.
As a general anonymity and security note: we are still working on two known anonymity issues with Mozilla. Please make sure that you read the Before Using TorBirdy and Known TorBirdy Issues sections on the wiki before using TorBirdy.
We had love help with translations, programming or anything that you think will improve TorBirdy!
Today we are happy to release our first beta of TorBirdy. It has been in development since April of last year and was released internally on the tor-talk mailing list. We think we've had just over five thousand users testing it in the last year. We have polished it and we've made great progress.
What is TorBirdy?
TorBirdy is a Torbutton like extension for Thunderbird, Icedove and related Mozilla mail clients. It may also work with other non-web browser Mozilla programs such as Sunbird. We've also added support for JonDo, Whonix, Tails; if that means something to you, let us know how it works!
As a general Anonymity and security note: We're still working on two known anonymity issues with Mozilla. When our improvements to Thunderbird are accepted, it will be anonymity ready out of the box and we'll do a proper full release.
We'd love help with translations, programming or anything that you think will improve TorBirdy!
Thanks to all of our TorBirdy users and contributors - Sukhbir and I would especially like to tagnaq and Karsten N!