New Release: Tor Browser 8.5a4
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
Highlights in Tor Browser 8.5a4 are a new Tor alpha version, 0.3.5.3-alpha, a fixed layout of our macOS installer window and Stylo (Mozilla's new CSS engine) being enabled on macOS after fixing a reproducibility issues. Please report any problems you find with those macOS related changes as we think about backporting them for the stable series.
Moreover, we backport a defense against protocol handler enumeration developed by Mozilla engineers and provide Tor Browser on all supported platforms in four additional locales: cs, el, hu, and ka.
Note: It turned out it was a bit premature to ship the new locales as we did not catch bugs in them last minute, so we don't make them available on our download page. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.5a3 is:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 60.3.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.3.5.3-alpha
- Update Torbutton to 2.1.1
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.17
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2018.9.19
- Update NoScript to 10.1.9.9
- Bug 1623: Block protocol handler enumeration (backport of fix for #680300)
- Bug 27905: Fix many occurrences of "Firefox" in about:preferences
- Bug 28082: Add locales cs, el, hu, ka
- OS X
- Backport of fixes for bug 1448014, 1458905, 1441345, and 1448305
- Build System
Yeah, reproducibility is hard. Thanks for noticing and it should be fixed.