Tails 0.19 is out
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.19, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible.
Notable user-visible changes include:
- New features
- Linux 3.9.5-1.
- Iceweasel 17.0.7esr + Torbrowser patches.
- Unblock Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, WWAN and WiMAX; block every other type of wireless device.
- Fix write access to boot medium at the block device level.
- tails-greeter l10n-related fixes.
- gpgApplet: partial fix for clipboard emptying after a wrong passphrase was entered.
- Minor improvements
- Drop GNOME proxy settings.
- Format newly created persistent volumes as ext4.
- GnuPG: don't connect to the keyserver specified by the key owner.
- GnuPG: locate keys only from local keyrings.
- Upgrade live-boot and live-config to the 3.0.x final version from Wheezy.
- Localization: many translation updates all over the place.
- Test suite
- Re-enable previously disabled boot device permissions test.
See the online Changelog for technical details.
No new known issue but longstanding known issues.
I want to try it / to upgrade!
See the Getting started page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of problems that affects the last release of Tails.
What's coming up?
The next Tails release is scheduled for early August.
Have a look to our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? As explained in our "how to contribute" documentation, there are many ways you can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!