Tor Browser 9.0a5 is now available for Android from our distribution directory and
There's a new release candidate available for download. If you build Tor from source, you can download the source code for 0.4.1.4-rc from the usual place on the website. Packages should be available over the coming weeks, with a new alpha Tor Browser release likely in the next month or so.
Remember, this is just a release candidate: you should only run this if you'd like to find and report bugs.
Tor 0.4.1.4-rc fixes a few bugs from previous versions of Tor, and updates to a new list of fallback directories. If no new bugs are found, the next release in the 0.4.1.x series should be stable.
Changes in version 0.4.1.4-rc - 2019-07-25
- Major bugfixes (circuit build, guard):
- When considering upgrading circuits from "waiting for guard" to "open", always ignore circuits that are marked for close. Otherwise, we can end up in the situation where a subsystem is notified that a closing circuit has just opened, leading to undesirable behavior. Fixes bug 30871; bugfix on 0.3.0.1-alpha.
- Minor features (continuous integration):
- Our Travis configuration now uses Chutney to run some network integration tests automatically. Closes ticket 29280.
Tor Browser 9.0a4 is now available from the Tor Browser Alpha download page and also from our
Tor Browser 8.5.4 is now available from the Tor Browser Download page and also from our
There's a new alpha release available for download. If you build Tor from source, you can download the source code for 0.4.1.3-alpha from the usual place on the website. Packages should be available over the coming weeks, with a new alpha Tor Browser release likely in the next couple of weeks.
Remember, this is an alpha release: you should only run this if you'd like to find and report more bugs than usual.
Tor 0.4.1.3-alpha resolves numerous bugs left over from the previous alpha, most of them from earlier release series.
Changes in version 0.4.1.3-alpha - 2019-06-25
- Major bugfixes (Onion service reachability):
- Properly clean up the introduction point map when circuits change purpose from onion service circuits to pathbias, measurement, or other circuit types. This should fix some service-side instances of introduction point failure. Fixes bug 29034; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
- Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the June 10 2019 Maxmind GeoLite2 Country database. Closes ticket 30852.
Tor Browser 9.0a3 is now available from the Tor Browser Alpha download page and also from our