Tor Browser Bundle 3.0rc1 Released
The first release candidate in the 3.0 series of the Tor Browser Bundle is now available from the Tor Package Archive:
This release includes important security updates to Firefox.
Unfortunately, we have decided to remove the PDF.JS addon from this bundle, as the version available for Firefox 17 has stopped receiving updates. Built-in PDF support should return when we transition to Firefox 24 in the coming weeks.
- All Platforms:
- Update Firefox to 17.0.11esr
- Update Tor to 0.2.4.18-rc
- Remove unsupported PDF.JS addon from the bundle
- Bug #7277: TBB's Tor client will now omit its timestamp in the TLS handshake.
- Update Torbutton to 18.104.22.168
- Bug #10002: Make the TBB3.0 blog tag our update download URL for now
- Bug #10102: Patch binutils to remove nondeterministic bytes in compiled binaries
- Bug #10049: Fix architecture check to work from outside TBB's directory
- Bug #10126: Remove libz and firefox-bin, and strip unstripped binaries
- Misc: Disable Firefox updater during compile time (in addition to pref)