Tor Browser Bundle for GNU/Linux
Tor Browser Bundle for GNU/Linux is now available for x86 and x86_64 architectures in 12 languages.
The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser and is self-contained.
You can download it from the Tor Browser page which also has instructions about how to extract and use it.
The bundle comes with the following software:
- Tor 0.2.2.10-alpha
- Vidalia 0.2.7 -- cross-platform controller GUI for the Tor software
- Polipo 188.8.131.52 -- caching web proxy
- Firefox 3.5.8 -- web browser
- Torbutton 1.2.4 -- Firefox extension to enable or disable the browser's use of Tor
- NoScript 184.108.40.206 -- Firefox extension to only allow scripts from trusted sites
- BetterPrivacy 1.4.7 -- Firefox extension to protect against supercookies
This is a beta version, so please test it and file bugs!