Tor Browser 6.0.6 is released
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
This release is updating Firefox to 45.5.0esr. Moreover, other components got an update as well: Tor to 0.2.8.9, HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.7, and OpenSSL to 1.0.1u.
We fixed a lot of usability bugs, some caused by Apple's macOS Sierra (meek did not work anymore and windows could not be dragged either). We moved directly to DuckDuckGo as our search engine avoiding a roundtrip to Disconnect.me first. Finally, we added a donation banner shown in some localized bundled starting on Nov 23 in order to point to our end-of-the-year 2016 donation campaign.
Here is the full changelog since 6.0.5:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 45.5.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.2.8.9
- Update OpenSSL to 1.0.1u
- Update Torbutton to 188.8.131.52
- Bug 20414: Add donation banner on about:tor for 2016 campaign
- Translation updates
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.9.4
- Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.7
- Update meek to 0.25
- Bug 19838: Add dgoulet's bridge and add another one commented out
- Bug 20296: Rotate ports again for default obfs4 bridges
- Bug 19735: Switch default search engine to DuckDuckGo
- Bug 20118: Don't unpack HTTPS Everywhere anymore
- Bug 20342: Add tor-gencert.exe to expert bundle
- OS X
- Build system
- All platforms
- Bug 20023: Upgrade Go to 1.7.3
- All platforms
Hm. Works on all of my Linux systems. Do you have enough disk space? What happens if you restart Tor Browser (and do the update again)?
I'm also using Fedora 23 and it worked as normal.