Tor 0.3.0.5-rc is released: almost stable!
Tor 0.3.0.5-rc fixes a few remaining bugs, large and small, in the 0.3.0 release series.
This is the second release candidate in the Tor 0.3.0 series, and has much fewer changes than the first. If we find no new bugs or regressions here, the first stable 0.3.0 release will be nearly identical to it.
You can download the source code from the usual place on the website, but most users should wait for packages to become available over the upcoming weeks. There should be a new Tor Browser alpha release containing Tor 0.3.0.5-rc some time later this month.
Please note: This is a release candidate, but not a stable release. Please expect more bugs than usual. If you want a stable experience, please stick to the stable releases.
Changes in version 0.3.0.5-rc - 2017-04-05
- Major bugfixes (crash, directory connections):
- Fix a rare crash when sending a begin cell on a circuit whose linked directory connection had already been closed. Fixes bug 21576; bugfix on 0.2.9.3-alpha. Reported by Alec Muffett.
- Major bugfixes (guard selection):
- Fix a guard selection bug where Tor would refuse to bootstrap in some cases if the user swapped a bridge for another bridge in their configuration file. Fixes bug 21771; bugfix on 0.3.0.1-alpha. Reported by "torvlnt33r".
- Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the March 7 2017 Maxmind GeoLite2 Country database.
- Minor bugfix (compilation):
- Fix a warning when compiling hs_service.c. Previously, it had no exported symbols when compiled for libor.a, resulting in a compilation warning from clang. Fixes bug 21825; bugfix on 0.3.0.1-alpha.
- Minor bugfixes (hidden services):
- Make hidden services check for failed intro point connections, even when they have exceeded their intro point creation limit. Fixes bug 21596; bugfix on 0.2.7.2-alpha. Reported by Alec Muffett.
- Make hidden services with 8 to 10 introduction points check for failed circuits immediately after startup. Previously, they would wait for 5 minutes before performing their first checks. Fixes bug 21594; bugfix on 0.2.3.9-alpha. Reported by Alec Muffett.
- Minor bugfixes (memory leaks):
- Fix a memory leak when using GETCONF on a port option. Fixes bug 21682; bugfix on 0.3.0.3-alpha.
- Minor bugfixes (relay):
- Avoid a double-marked-circuit warning that could happen when we receive DESTROY cells under heavy load. Fixes bug 20059; bugfix on 0.1.0.1-rc.
- Minor bugfixes (tests):
- Run the entry_guard_parse_from_state_full() test with the time set to a specific date. (The guard state that this test was parsing contained guards that had expired since the test was first written.) Fixes bug 21799; bugfix on 0.3.0.1-alpha.
- Update the description of the directory server options in the manual page, to clarify that a relay no longer needs to set DirPort in order to be a directory cache. Closes ticket 21720.