Tor Browser 7.0.2 is released

Tor Browser 7.0.2 is now available from the Tor Browser Project page and also from our distribution directory.

This release features an important security update to Tor.

We are updating Tor to version 0.3.0.9, fixing a path selection bug that would allow a client to use a guard that was in the same network family as a chosen exit relay. This release also updates HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.19.

Here is the full changelog since 7.0.1:

• Update Tor to 0.3.0.9, fixing bug #22753
    • Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.19

July 26, 2017

tor browser always switches to mobile. version instead of regular twi tter web page. browsing it is awful. other web browser stays in regular version

July 29, 2017

This update is very bad. It demands Mac OS 10.9. My machine can't use 10.9!
Please give me a version which works on Mac OS 10.6.8

July 29, 2017

Hello, I have a problem with update. The last update that was installed is 7.0.0, 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 ask me to reset tor-browser for update but after reset update not installed and ask restart again and again. I have with firefox the same problem now, windows 10 x64 Home. How can I resolve this problem?

July 31, 2017

After the update, HTTPS Everywhere was gone.

Also, after browsing and exiting and restarting Tor Browser, there were some strange URLs in the address bar, that I didn't type. I had to re-install Tor Browser to get rid of them.

Any news on this?

The latest update of HTTPS Everywhere, 2017.8.15, caused problems too: the icon was moved from the menu to the toolbar and the extension was broken. Re-installing HTTPS Everywhere did NOT solve this.

Can an underlying cause affect other Tor Browser functionality?

Also, when typing "https" in the address bar, I sometimes get an ordinary HTTP connection, without any warning. Is this normal?

August 01, 2017

Some followup feedback. I've noticed no matter what i try my (javascript/ajax-based) chat room does not load with Tor. It loads with all the other browsers I have tried, including Opera thru VPN
the site is at www.goftesh.com

thanks you!

Thanks for this report. I opened https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/23141. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do as Cloudflare is causing this. It is sitting between you and the website and denying the chat loading due to a bug in their system. We are currently trying to get hold on a Cloudflare engineer helping us with that but it is not easy it seems.

Edit: Oh, if you are indeed the admin then this should be fixable on your end as you are supposed to be in control of the Cloudflare settings you apply to your site. Let us know how it goes.

August 03, 2017

Hi TOR people, I was wondering if I cant run a TOR relay with the latest TAILS 3.0.1 Live usb key???

And if so, how to configure it?

Thanks a lot.

We encourage respectful, on-topic comments. Comments that violate our Code of Conduct will be deleted. Off-topic comments may be deleted at the discretion of the post moderator. Please do not comment as a way to receive support or report bugs on a post unrelated to a release. If you are looking for support, please see our ​support portal or ways to get in touch with us.