Tor Browser 7.5a6 is released
This release updates firefox to 52.4.1esr, Tor to 0.3.2.2-alpha, HTTPS-Everywhere to 2017.10.4 and NoScript to 5.1.2. This release is also fixing some crashes and adding a donation banner starting on Oct 23 in order to point to our end-of-the-year 2017 donation campaign.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 7.5a5 is:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 52.4.1esr
- Update Tor to 0.3.2.2-alpha
- Update Torbutton to 220.127.116.11
- Bug 23887: Update banner locales and Mozilla text
- Translations update
- Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 2017.10.4
- Update NoScript to 5.1.2
- Bug 23745: Tab crashes when using Tor Browser to access Google Drive
- Bug 23694: Update the detailsURL in update responses
- OS X
"thank you so much again for all your free hard work. we owe you a lot!"
There's some bug in this version of the tor client that drives me nuts, even when I'm connected to my network at some point I get:
- [notice] Tor has not observed any network activity for the past 80 seconds. Disabling circuit build timeout recording.</p>
- <p>[warn] Failed to find node for hop #1 of our path. Discarding this circuit.<br />
And then I have to restart the browser so that Tor bootstraps again and starts working again. This happened with Tor 0.3.2.1 but it intensified a lot with the recent version (I'm using Tor with bridges FWIW) Hope this bug gets higher priority.