Tor Browser 8.0a3 is released
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
In addition to security updates to Firefox (52.7.0esr) this release includes newer versions of Tor (0.3.3.3), HTTPS Everywhere (2018.2.26), and obfs4proxy (0.0.7).
Apart from those component updates we are proud that this alpha is the first one containing Moat, which is a more robust way of getting bridges from torproject.org using the meek pluggable transport. Please try it out if you can and report any issues you find!
The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.0a2 is:
- All platforms
- Update Firefox to 52.7.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.3.3.3-alpha
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.15.1
- Bug 23136: Moat integration (fetch bridges for the user)
- Translations update
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2018.2.26
- Bug 25339: Adapt build system for Python 3.6 based build procedure
- Bug 25356: Update obfs4proxy to v0.0.7
- Bug 25147: Sanitize HTML fragments created for chrome-privileged documents
- Bug 25112: No sandboxing on 64-bit Windows <= Vista
Bug: can't open View -> Toolbars -> Customize, it closes immediately without letting you make any changes.