Tor Browser 7.5.4 is released

Tor Browser 7.5.4 is now available from the Tor Browser Project page and also from our distribution directory.

This release features important security updates to Firefox.

This release updates Firefox to 52.8.0esr, HTTPS Everywhere to 2018.4.11, and NoScript to 5.1.8.5. In addition, we exempt .onion domains from mixed content warnings, fixed a fingerprinting issue and an issue with localized content.

The full changelog since Tor Browser 7.5.3 is:

• Update Firefox to 52.8.0esr
    • Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2018.4.11
    • Update NoScript to 5.1.8.5
    • Bug 23439: Exempt .onion domains from mixed content warnings
    • Bug 22614: Make e10s/non-e10s Tor Browsers indistinguishable
    • Bug 22659: Changes to `intl.accept.languages` get overwritten after restart
    • Bug 25973: Backport off-by-one fix (bug 1352073)
    • Bug 25020: Add a tbb_version.json file

May 09, 2018

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Nice

May 10, 2018

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Nice

May 13, 2018

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Nice

Never going beyond FF 56 would be too soon for me. FF57 is when all 'legacy' extensions will cease to work and that will kill off my effectiveness as a full time researcher because vital extensions I need to use constantly are not being recoded to work under FF new ext scheme.

One cannot blame the extension devs because it is one hell of a lot of work to try and implement the full feature set they had in their legacy extensions --and even them most conversions have only partial functionality of the old ones

I love Tor and its devs and have nothing but praise for them and their great work --FF is another story as cosmetics, like rounded tab corners v square tab corners, seem to be more important to them than the functionality needed by power users.

Mozilla talked about extending ESR52 support for another year, but, of course, it was a lie!
And later this year, your Tor Browser will turn into a pumpkin automatically! ;-(

May 09, 2018

Hello, how are you? I have always gotten an email regarding updates. This time I didn't. I would rather have the assurance that this is happening officially in an email in future, please. I don't know why this did not happen this time. Not a complaint, just feel safer this way. Thank you.

May 10, 2018

Can you tell Mozilla to no longer show that "Your Firefox is out-of-date." warning when I go to their website with Tor Browser it's annoooooying... if user agent = (firefox 52.x or firefox 60.x) & ip == exit node; then don't show that annoying popup

May 10, 2018

Any news regarding the launch of Tor Browser Bundle for Android?

Orbot/Orfox are pretty much unusable now. I'm constantly blocked by websites that redirect me to Captcha challenges, which are absolutely unsolvable in Orfox, and the current version of Orbot no longer allows you to swipe the onion icon to create a new circuit, forcing you to restart Orbot if you want to change circuit.