Tor Browser 8.0a1 is released
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
Tor Browser 8.0a1 is the first alpha release in the 8.0 series. Apart from the usual Firefox security updates we have included the new stable Tor, 0.3.2.9, and updated Torbutton and Tor Launcher to the same version shipped in Tor Browser 7.5.
We added a new MAR signing key following our plan to yearly rotate one of our update signing keys and included a patch contributed by ffmancera (thanks!) dealing with possible fingerprinting by checking video decoding performance: before Tor Browser 8.0a1 users were getting videos in a different format depending on the performance of the decoding.
On the build side it is noteworthy that starting with this alpha release all bundles are built on some Debian version. If you notice some issues on Windows (those bundles were previously built on Ubuntu Precise), let us know.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 7.5a10 is:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 52.6.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.3.2.9
- Update Torbutton to 18.104.22.168
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.14.3
- Translations update
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2018.1.11
- Bug 24756: Add noisebridge01 obfs4 bridge configuration
- Bug 23916: Add new MAR signing key
- Bug 22548: Firefox downgrades VP9 videos to VP8 for some users
- Bug 24197: Fix win64 sandbox compile issues
- Build System
How are you trying to save them?
how do i enable java script