New Release: Tor Browser 8.5a3
This release features important security updates to Firefox. We picked up the necessary patches, but because we needed to start building before Mozilla was ready with a first candidate build, we did not bump the Firefox version to 60.2.2esr. Thus, users are fine with Tor Browser 8.5a3 even though the Firefox version is 60.2.1esr.
Furthermore, this release fixes Windows startup crashes and makes Tor Browser more compatible with the new macOS 10.14.
We already collected a number of unresolved bugs since Tor Browser 7.5.6 and tagged them with our tbb-8.0-issues keyword to keep them on our radar. The most important current issues are:
- WebGL is broken right now.
- Accessibility support is broken on Windows. We are considering options to address this issue right now.
- Tor Browser 8 is not starting anymore on some older Ubuntu/Mint Linux systems. We still have issues to reproduce this bug but hope we can fix it in the next release.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.5a2 is:
- All platforms
- Update Firefox to 60.2.1esr
- Backport fix for Mozilla bug 1493900 and 1493903
- Bug 27865: Tor Browser 8.5a2 is crashing on Windows
- OS X
- Backport fix for Mozilla bug 1489785 for macOS 10.14 compatibility
Yes, I agree with you in general. The problem is the site is broken with HTTPS as it uses a self-signed certificate.