New Release: Tor Browser 10.0a2
Tor Browser 10.0a2 is now available from the Tor Browser Alpha download page and also from our distribution directory.
Note: This is an alpha release, an experimental version for users who want to help us test new features. For everyone else, we recommend downloading the latest stable release instead.
This release updates Firefox to 68.10.0esr, Tor to 0.4.4.1-alpha, and NoScript 11.0.32.
This release also includes important security updates to Firefox.
The MacOS installer (.dmg) is now code signed using a different procedure. Please report any issues you encounter with this version.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 10.0a1 is:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 68.10.0esr
- Update NoScript to 11.0.32
- Update Tor to 0.4.4.1-alpha
- Translations update
- Bug 34209: about:tor and about:tbupdate fail to load in debug build
- Bug 34250: Only listen to 'started' in noscript-control.js
- Bug 34383: Accept request if GetHost() in mixed content blocking check fails
- Windows + OS X + Linux
- Bug 34361: "Prioritize .onion sites when known" appears under General
- Bug 34362: Improve Onion Service Authentication prompt
- Bug 34369: Fix learn more link in Onion Auth prompt
- Bug 34379: Fix learn more for Onion-Location
- Bug 34372: Disable GeckoNetworkManager
Please note that the comment area below has been archived.
Why RFP uses 32bit version…
Why RFP uses 32bit version useragent for http UA header?
How about adding " Win64; x64;" ?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
Mozilla could add that…
Mozilla could add that. There is some other inconsistency, too. Usually this is based on the popularity of a platform, so maybe Windows 10 (32-bit) is more popular than 64-bit.
It was changed (back) due to…
It was changed (back) due to compat fears. Basically all browsers on Windows return Win32: see 
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1383495 - RFP spoofed as 64bit
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1472618 - changed FF63/ESR68
64-bit machines seem more…
64-bit machines seem more popular than 32-bit.
In at least the latest…
In at least the latest stable release, no .onion alternative is offered in the address bar for the Tor Blog. I'm not even sure how to file a bug report because Tor Track is apparently being discontinued, and GitLab requires an account and is not allowing signup.
This is a known issue…
This is a known issue because the blog doesn't have an onion address. https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/blog-trac/-/issues/22397
Well i installed Tor and…
Can you provide any context…
Can you provide any context or information about your computer? Is your computer running Windows or macOS X or Linux? Does Firefox work without any crashing? Do you receive any informative error messages?