New Release: Tor Browser 11.0a10 (Windows/macOS/Linux)
Note: This is an alpha release, an experimental version for users who want to help us test new features. For everyone else, we recommend downloading the latest stable Windows/macOS/Linux release instead.
This version updates Firefox to version 91.3.0esr on Windows, macOS, and Linux. This version includes important security updates to Firefox on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Please report any issues and regressions you experience since upgrading from an earlier version based on Firefox 78esr.
Tor Browser Alpha does not support version 2 onion services. Tor Browser (Stable) will stop supporting version 2 onion services very soon. Please see the deprecation F.A.Q. entry regarding Tor version 0.4.6. Migrate your services and update your bookmarks to version 3 onion services as soon as possible.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 11.0a9:
- Windows + OS X + Linux
- Update Firefox to 91.3.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.4.7.2-alpha
- Bug 32624: localStorage is not shared between tabs [tor-browser]
- Bug 33125: Remove xpinstall.whitelist.add* as they don't do anything anymore [tor-browser]
- Bug 34188: Cleanup extensions.* prefs [tor-browser]
- Bug 40053: investigate fingerprinting potential of extended TextMetrics interface
- Bug 40083: Make sure Region.jsm fetching is disabled
- Bug 40177: Clean up obsolete preferences in our 000-tor-browser.js
- Bug 40220: Make sure tracker cookie purging is disabled
- Bug 40342: Set `gfx.bundled-fonts.activate = 1` to preserve current bundled fonts behaviour
- Bug 40463: Disable network.http.windows10-sso.enabled in FF 91
- Bug 40483: Deutsche Welle v2 redirect
- Bug 40548: Set network.proxy.failover_direct to false in FF 91
- Bug 40630: New Identity and New Circuit icons
- Bug 40641: Update Security Level selection in about:preferences to match style as tracking protection option bubbles
- Bug 40648: Replace onion pattern divs/css with tiling SVG
- Bug 40653: Onion Available text not aligned correctly in toolbar in ESR91
- Bug 40655: esr91 is suggesting to make Tor Browser the default browse
- Bug 40657: esr91 is missing "New identity" in hamburger menu
- Bug 40680: Prepare update to localized assets for YEC
- Build System