New Alpha Release: Tor Browser 11.5a2 (Windows, macOS, Linux)
This version includes important security updates to Firefox.
Tor Browser 11.5a2 updates Firefox to 91.5.0esr and includes bugfixes and stability improvements. Additionally, the browser landing page gets the usual Tor Browser look and feel back, removing the parts of our year end donation campaign.
We use the opportunity as well to update various other components of Tor Browser: Tor to 0.4.7.3-alpha, OpenSSL to 1.1.1m, and NoScript to 11.2.14. We switch to the latest Go version (1.17.5), too, for building our Go-related projects.
As usual, please report any issues you find in this alpha version, so we can fix them for the next upcoming major stable release (11.5).
The full changelog since Tor Browser 11.5a1 is:
- Windows + OS X + Linux
- Update Firefox to 91.5.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.4.7.3-alpha
- Update OpenSSL to 1.1.1m
- Update NoScript to 11.2.14
- Bug tor-browser-build#40405: Rotate deusexmachina IP address
- Bug tor-browser#40645: Migrate Moat APIs to Moat.jsm module
- Bug tor-browser#40684: Misc UI bug fixes
- Bug tor-browser#40736: Disable third-party cookies in Private Browsing Mode
- Bug tor-browser#40756: Fix up wrong observer removals
- Bug torbutton#40758: Remove YEC takeover from about:tor
- Translations update
- Build System