New Release: Tor Browser 12.0.1
Tor Browser 12.0.1 is now available from the Tor Browser download page and also from our distribution directory.
This release updates Firefox to 102.6, including bug fixes, stability improvements and important security updates.
We've fixed a regression in our drag and drop protection, whose hardening disrupted some interface interactions, and most notably rearranging bookmarks by dragging them around.
We'd like to thank poncho for fixing another regression causing the
TOR_SOCKS_IPC_PATH environment variable to be ignored.
Send us your feedback
If you find a bug or have a suggestion for how we could improve this release, please let us know.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 12.0 is:
- Windows + macOS + Linux
- Updated Firefox to 102.6esr
- Bug tor-browser#41519: TOR_SOCKS_IPC_PATH environment variable not honored
- Bug tor-browser#41520: Regression: rearranging bookmarks / place items by drag & drop doesn't work anymore
- Updated GeckoView to 102.6esr
- Build System
- All Platforms
- Updated Go to 1.19.4
- Bug tor-browser-build#40653: Build compiler-rt with runtimes instead of the main LLVM build
- Bug tor-browser-build#40681: Run apt-get clean, after installing packages in projects/container-image/config
- Bug tor-browser-build#40683: Install more packages in the default containers to reduce the number of custom containers
- Bug tor-browser-build#40693: Can't build container-image in main
- Bug tor-browser-build#40705: Add empty commit mentioning that gitolite repo is no longer updated
- Bug tor-browser-build#40708: tor.exe in tor-expert-bundle not writing stdout even when run from cmd.exe
- Bug tor-browser-build#40689: Update Ubuntu version from projects/mmdebstrap-image/config to 22.04.1
- All Platforms
We encourage respectful, on-topic comments. Comments that violate our Code of Conduct will be deleted. Off-topic comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderators. Please do not comment as a way to receive support or to report bugs on a post unrelated to a release. If you are looking for support, please see our FAQ, user support forum or ways to get in touch with us.