New Release: Tor Browser 12.0.5
Tor Browser 12.0.5 is now available from the Tor Browser download page and also from our distribution directory.
This release updates Firefox to 102.10.0esr, including bug fixes, stability improvements and important security updates. We also backported the Android-specific security updates from Firefox 112.
We use this opportunity to update various components of Tor Browser as well:
- NoScript 11.4.21
Build-Signing Infrastructure Updates
We are in the process of updating our build signing infrastructure, and unfortunately are unable to ship code-signed 12.0.5 installers for Windows systems currently. Therefore we will not be providing full Window installers for this release. However, automatic build-to-build upgrades should continue to work as expected. Everything should be back to normal for the 12.0.6 release next month!
Send us your feedback
If you find a bug or have a suggestion for how we could improve this release, please let us know.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 12.0.4 is:
- All Platforms
- Updated Translations
- Updated NoScript to 11.4.21
- Updated Go to 1.19.8
- Bug tor-browser#41688: Rebase Tor Browser Stable to 102.10.0esr
- Windows + macOS + Linux
- Updated Firefox to 102.10esr
- Bug tor-browser#41526: "Cancel" button when establishing a connection should be grey
- Updated GeckoView to 102.10esr
- Bug tor-browser#41724: Backport Android-specific security fixes from Firefox 112 to ESR 102.10-based Tor Browser
- Build System
- Bug tor-browser-build#40822: The Tor Browser installer doesn't run with mandatory ASLR on (0xc000007b)
- Bug tor-browser-build#40828: Use http://archive.debian.org/debian-archive/ for jessie
- Bug tor-browser-build#40835: Update faketime URLs in projects/container-image/config
We encourage respectful, on-topic comments. Comments that violate our Code of Conduct will be deleted. Off-topic comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderators. Please do not comment as a way to receive support or to report bugs on a post unrelated to a release. If you are looking for support, please see our FAQ, user support forum or ways to get in touch with us.