New Release: Tor Browser 8.5a2
This release features important security updates to Firefox. Note that like in the 8.0.1 release, we just picked up the necessary patches this time but did not bump the Firefox version to 60.2.1esr as we needed to start building before Mozilla was ready. Thus, users are fine with Tor Browser 8.5a2 even if the Firefox version says 60.2.0esr.
- We are fixing support for CentOS/RHEL 6. In addition, support for custom LD_LIBRARY_PATH has been fixed.
- We are adding a preference allowing users to persist custom noscript settings (to be used with caution).
- On Windows we are increasing the sandbox level after fixing an issue preventing the about:tor page from loading on the first start.
Update: there is some issue with the Windows version of Tor Browser 8.5a2. We have disabled the update to 8.5a2 for Windows users until that issue is fixed.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.5a1 is:
- All platforms
- Update Tor to 0.3.5.2-alpha
- Update Torbutton to 2.1
- Bug 27097: Tor News signup banner
- Bug 27663: Add New Identity menuitem again
- Bug 27175: Add pref to allow users to persist custom noscript settings
- Bug 27760: Use new NoScript API for IPC and fix about:blank issue
- Bug 26624: Only block OBJECT on highest slider level
- Bug 26555: Don't show IP address for meek or snowflake
- Bug 27478: Torbutton icons for dark theme
- Bug 27506+14520: Move status version to upper left corner for RTL locales
- Bug 27558: Update the link to "Your Guard note may not change" text
- Bug 21263: Remove outdated information from the README
- Translations update
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.16.5
- Bug 27469: Adapt Moat URLs
- Translations update
- Update NoScript to 10.1.9.6
- Bug 27763: Restrict Torbutton signing exemption to mobile
- Bug 26146: Spoof HTTP User-Agent header for desktop platforms
- Bug 27543: QR code is broken on web.whatsapp.com
- Bug 27264: Bookmark items are not visible on the boomark toolbar
- Bug 27535: Enable TLS 1.3 draft version
- Bug 27623: Use MOZILLA_OFFICIAL for our builds
- Backport of Mozilla bug 1490585, 1475775, and 1489744
- Bug 26381: about:tor page does not load on first start on Windows
Is this related to #26476?
Same issue, reverted back to 8.0.1