New Release: Tor Browser 8.5a7
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
This new Tor Browser version ships the first alpha in Tor's 0.4.0 series, 0.4.0.1-alpha.
This release also features a lot of improvements regarding our branding. We ship our new Tor Browser logo for the first time in a release build on desktop platforms and are eager to learn about bugs and general feedback. Thanks for Antonela and Richard working on this!
Additionally, we fixed a number of crashes noticed in previous releases (WebGL crashed on some Windows machines, the print dialog on some Linux systems, and downloading files on some Android devices).
Note: Due to a bug in Tor 0.4.0.1-alpha, the Windows bundles on a new clean install will get stuck during the first start. Restarting the browser should solve the issue.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.5a6 is:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 60.5.0esr
- Update Torbutton to 2.1.4
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.1.7
- Update NoScript to 10.2.1
- Bug 29082: Backport patches for bug 1469916
- Bug 28711: Backport patches for bug 1474659
- Bug 27828: "Check for Tor Browser update" doesn't seem to do anything
- Bug 29028: Auto-decline most canvas warning prompts again
- Bug 27597: Fix our debug builds
- Update Tor to 0.4.0.1-alpha
- Bug 25702: Activity 1.1 Update Tor Browser icon to follow design guidelines
- Bug 28111: Use Tor Browser icon in identity box
- Bug 22654: Firefox icon is shown for Tor Browser on Windows 10 start menu
- Bug 27503: Compile with accessibility support
- Bug 28874: Bump mingw-w64 commit to fix WebGL crash
- Bug 12885: Windows Jump Lists fail for Tor Browser
- Bug 28618: Set MOZILLA_OFFICIAL for Windows build
- OS X
- Build System
- All Platforms
- Bug 26148: Update binutils to 2.31.1
- Bug 28752: Don't download tor-android-binary resources during build