New Tor 0.2.4.12-alpha packages and Tor Browser Bundles
There is a new alpha-release of Tor Browser, based on tor 0.2.4.12-alpha. Alpha versions of Vidalia Bundles and Expert bundles are also updated.
This release also includes a patch to enable optimistic data (PDF) which should significantly speed up your browsing experience. Please give them a try and let us know how they work for you.
You can download the alpha Tor Browser Bundles here.
Tor Browser Bundle (2.4.12-alpha-1)
- Update Tor to 0.2.4.12-alpha
- Update Torbutton to 1.5.2
- Update libpng to 1.5.15
- Update NoScript to 2.6.6
- Update PDF.js to 0.8.1
- Firefox patch changes:
- Apply font limits to @font-face local() fonts and disable fallback
rendering for @font-face. (closes: #8455)
- Use Optimistic Data SOCKS handshake (improves page load performance).
- Honor the Windows theme for inverse text colors (without leaking those
colors to content). (closes: #7920)
- Increase pipeline randomization and try harder to batch pipelined
requests together. (closes: #8470)
- Fix an image cache isolation domain key misusage. May fix several image
cache related crash bugs with New Identity, exit, and certain websites.
- Torbutton changes:
- Allow session restore if the user allows disk actvity (closes: #8457)
- Remove the Display Settings panel and associated locales (closes: #8301)
- Fix "Transparent Torification" option. (closes: #6566)
- Fix a hang on New Identity. (closes: #8642)
- Build changes:
- Fetch our source deps from an https mirror (closes: #8286)
- Create watch scripts for syncing mirror sources and monitoring mirror
integrity (closes: #8338)