Tails 1.2.1 is out
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.2.1, is out.
Notable user-visible changes include:
- Security fixes
- Upgrade Linux to 3.16.7-1.
- Install Tor Browser 4.0.2 (based on Firefox 31.3.0esr).
- Restore mouse scrolling in KVM/Spice (ticket #7426).
- Suppress excessive (and leaky!) Torbutton logging (ticket #8160).
- Don't break the Unsafe and I2P Browsers after installing incremental upgrades (ticket #8152, ticket #8158).
- External links in various applications should now open properly in the Tor Browser (ticket #8153, ticket #8186).
- Fix clearsigning of text including non-ASCII characters in gpgApplet (ticket #7968).
- Minor improvements
See the online Changelog for technical details.
- Users of the GnuPG keyrings and configuration persistence feature should follow some manual steps after upgrading a Tails USB stick or SD card installation to Tails 1.2.1.
- Longstanding known issues.
I want to try it or to upgrade!
Go to the download page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of problems that affects the last release of Tails.
What's coming up?
The next Tails release is scheduled for January 14.
Have a look at our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Do you want to help? There are many ways you can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!
Support and feedback
For support and feedback, visit the Support section on the Tails website.