Tor 0.2.1.30 is released
Tor 0.2.1.30 fixes a variety of less critical bugs. The main other change is a slight tweak to Tor's TLS handshake that makes relays and bridges that run this new version reachable from Iran again. We don't expect this tweak will win the arms race long-term, but it buys us time until we roll out a better solution.
- Stop sending a CLOCK_SKEW controller status event whenever
we fetch directory information from a relay that has a wrong clock.
Instead, only inform the controller when it's a trusted authority
that claims our clock is wrong. Bugfix on 0.1.2.6-alpha; fixes
the rest of bug 1074.
- Fix a bounds-checking error that could allow an attacker to
remotely crash a directory authority. Bugfix on 0.2.1.5-alpha.
Found by "piebeer".
- If relays set RelayBandwidthBurst but not RelayBandwidthRate,
Tor would ignore their RelayBandwidthBurst setting,
potentially using more bandwidth than expected. Bugfix on
0.2.0.1-alpha. Reported by Paul Wouters. Fixes bug 2470.
- Ignore and warn if the user mistakenly sets "PublishServerDescriptor
hidserv" in her torrc. The 'hidserv' argument never controlled
publication of hidden service descriptors. Bugfix on 0.2.0.1-alpha.
- Adjust our TLS Diffie-Hellman parameters to match those used by
- Update to the February 1 2011 Maxmind GeoLite Country database.
- Check for and reject overly long directory certificates and
directory tokens before they have a chance to hit any assertions.
Bugfix on 0.2.1.28. Found by "doorss".
- Bring the logic that gathers routerinfos and assesses the
acceptability of circuits into line. This prevents a Tor OP from
getting locked in a cycle of choosing its local OR as an exit for a
path (due to a .exit request) and then rejecting the circuit because
its OR is not listed yet. It also prevents Tor clients from using an
OR running in the same instance as an exit (due to a .exit request)
if the OR does not meet the same requirements expected of an OR
running elsewhere. Fixes bug 1859; bugfix on 0.1.0.1-rc.
- Stop shipping the Tor specs files and development proposal documents
in the tarball. They are now in a separate git repository at
- Do not include Git version tags as though they are SVN tags when
generating a tarball from inside a repository that has switched
between branches. Bugfix on 0.2.1.15-rc; fixes bug 2402.