New Release: Tor 0.3.4.6-rc
There's a new alpha release available for download. If you build Tor from source, you can download the source code for Tor 0.3.4.6-rc from the download page on the website. Packages should be available over the coming weeks, with a new alpha Tor Browser release by some time next month.
Remember, this is an alpha release: you should only run this if you'd like to find and report more bugs than usual.
Tor 0.3.4.6-rc fixes several small compilation, portability, and correctness issues in previous versions of Tor. This version is a release candidate: if no serious bugs are found, we expect that the stable 0.3.4 release will be (almost) the same as this release.
Changes in version 0.3.4.6-rc - 2018-08-06
- Major bugfixes (event scheduler):
- When we enable a periodic event, schedule it in the event loop rather than running it immediately. Previously, we would re-run periodic events immediately in the middle of (for example) changing our options, with unpredictable effects. Fixes bug 27003; bugfix on 0.3.4.1-alpha.
- Minor features (compilation):
- When building Tor, prefer to use Python 3 over Python 2, and more recent (contemplated) versions over older ones. Closes ticket 26372.
- Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the July 3 2018 Maxmind GeoLite2 Country database. Closes ticket 26674.
- Minor features (Rust, portability):
- Rust cross-compilation is now supported. Closes ticket 25895.
- Minor bugfixes (compilation):
- Fix a compilation warning on some versions of GCC when building code that calls routerinfo_get_my_routerinfo() twice, assuming that the second call will succeed if the first one did. Fixes bug 26269; bugfix on 0.2.8.2-alpha.
- Minor bugfixes (controller):
- Minor bugfixes (correctness, flow control):
- Upon receiving a stream-level SENDME cell, verify that our window has not grown too large. Fixes bug 26214; bugfix on svn r54 (pre-0.0.1)
- Minor bugfixes (memory, correctness):
- Fix a number of small memory leaks identified by coverity. Fixes bug 26467; bugfix on numerous Tor versions.
- Minor bugfixes (portability):
- Avoid a compilation error in test_bwmgt.c on Solaris 10. Fixes bug 26994; bugfix on 0.3.4.1-alpha.
- Minor bugfixes (testing, compatibility):
- When running the ntor_ref.py and hs_ntor_ref.py tests, make sure only to pass strings (rather than "bytes" objects) to the Python subprocess module. Python 3 on Windows seems to require this. Fixes bug 26535; bugfix on 0.2.5.5-alpha (for ntor_ref.py) and 0.3.1.1-alpha (for hs_ntor_ref.py).
Please note that the comment area below has been archived.
Thanks for this. I am just…
Thanks for this.
I am just curious: are there going to be new features in the 0.3.4 or is this going to be "just" a maintenance release? (I mean bug fixes and stuffs like these)
Littlebit offtopic: TBB…
TBB isnt for big downloads but, keep2share(k2s.cc) isnt working with NoScript126.96.36.199 on. ?
Please, fix consdiff cpu…
Please, fix consdiff cpu overload bug on Windows at least in 0.3.5 as it's a new LTS. Thanks.
When I start Tbb 7.5.6, the…
When I start Tbb 7.5.6, the browser may show the list of last time tabs as if it has closed unproperly