Tor Browser 5.0.5 is released
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
Additionally, we included updated versions for Tor (0.2.7.6), OpenSSL (1.0.1q), NoScript (2.7) and HTTPS-Everywhere (5.1.1). Moreover, we fixed an annoying bug in our circuit display (circuits weren't visible sometimes) and improved our fingerprinting defense against MIME type enumeration.
Tor Browser 5.0.5 comes with a banner supporting our donations campaign. The banner is visible on the about:tor page and features either Roger Dingledine, Laura Poitras or Cory Doctorow which is chosen randomly.
These and all the other changes (minor bug fixes and new features) can be found in the complete changelog since 5.0.4:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 38.5.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.2.7.6
- Update OpenSSL to 1.0.1q
- Update NoScript to 2.7
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 5.1.1
- Update Torbutton to 184.108.40.206
- Bug 16990: Avoid matching '250 ' to the end of node name
- Bug 17565: Tor fundraising campaign donation banner
- Bug 17770: Fix alignments on donation banner
- Bug 17792: Include donation banner in some non en-US Tor Browsers
- Translation updates
- Bug 17207: Hide MIME types and plugins from websites
- Bug 16909+17383: Adapt to HTTPS-Everywhere build changes
- Bug 16863: Avoid confusing error when loop.enabled is false
- Bug 17502: Add a preference for hiding "Open with" on download dialog
- Bug 17446: Prevent canvas extraction by third parties (fixup of #6253)
- Bug 16441: Suppress "Reset Tor Browser" prompt
- Bug 17747: Add ndnop3 as new default obfs4 bridge