Tor Browser 5.5.3 is released
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
This release bumps the versions of several of our external components: Firefox to 38.7.0esr, OpenSSL to 1.0.1s, NoScript to 188.8.131.52 and HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.1.4.
Additionally, we fixed long-standing bugs in our Tor circuit display and window resizing code, and improved the usability of our font fingerprinting defense further.
The full changelog since 5.5.2 is:
Tor Browser 5.5.3 -- March 8 2016
- Update Firefox to 38.7.0esr
- Update OpenSSL to 1.0.1s
- Update NoScript to 184.108.40.206
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 5.1.4
- Update Torbutton to 220.127.116.11
- Bug 18030: Isolate favicon requests on Page Info dialog
- Bug 18297: Use separate Noto JP,KR,SC,TC fonts
- Bug 18170: Make sure the homepage is shown after an update as well
- Bug 18292: Disable staged updates on Windows