Tor Browser 6.0a1 is released
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
On the usability front we improved the setup wizard UI flow. We also changed the search bar URL for the DuckDuckGo search engine to its onion URL.
On the build system side, we switched the guest build VMs to Debian Wheezy for the Linux version (the previous versions were built using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS).
Here is the complete changelog since 5.5a6:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 38.6.0esr
- Update NoScript to 188.8.131.52
- Update Torbutton to 1.9.5
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.9
- Bug 17428: Remove Flashproxy
- Bug 18115+18102+18071+18091: Update/add new obfs4 bridge
- Bug 18072: Change recommended pluggable transport type to obfs4
- Bug 18008: Create a new MAR Signing key and bake it into Tor Browser
- Bug 16322: Use onion address for DuckDuckGo search engine
- Bug 17917: Changelog after update is empty if JS is disabled
- Bug 17790: Map the proper SHIFT characters to the digit keys (fix of #15646)
- Build System
- Bug 15578: Switch to Debian Wheezy guest VMs (10.04 LTS is EOL)