Tor Browser 6.5.2 is released
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
This should be the last minor release in the 6.5 series. This release updates Firefox to 45.9.0esr, Noscript to 5.0.2, and HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.14.
Moreover, we included a fix for the broken Twitter experience and worked around a Windows related crash bug. To improve our censorship resistance we additionally updated the bridges we ship.
Here is the full changelog since 6.5.1:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 45.9.0esr
- Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.14
- Update NoScript to 5.0.2
- Bug 21555+16450: Don't remove Authorization header on subdomains (e.g. Twitter)
- Bug 19316: Make sure our Windows updates can deal with the SSE2 requirement
- Bug 21917: Add new obfs4 bridges
- Bug 21918: Move meek-amazon to d2cly7j4zqgua7.cloudfront.net backend
- Bug 21795: Fix Tor Browser crashing on github.com
I'm getting this error:
Tor Browser could not be updated because: Update XML file malformed (200)
Which version of Tor Browser are you updating from, on which OS and locale?
6.5.1, Debian 64, en-US.
I just tested with another system that I have with the same characteristics and I don't get this issue, so I think the problem is just with my install, so I'll just do a manual upgrade and hope that this issue wont repeat itself again.
Tor Browse 6.5.2
Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit