Tor Browser 7.0a1 is released
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
Tor Browser 7.0a1 is the first alpha in the 7.0 series. Apart from the usual Firefox update (to 45.7.0 ESR) it contains the first alpha in the tor 0.3.0 series (0.3.0.1-alpha) and an updated HTTPS-Everywhere (5.2.9) + NoScript (220.127.116.11).
Tor Browser 7.0a1 is the first alpha allowing Linux users to test Snowflake, a new WebRTC-based pluggable transport. Additionally, we include bug fixes both to our sandboxing solutions for Linux (sandboxed-tor-browser 0.0.3) and macOS. For Windows users we plugged a timezone leak that got introduced by enabling ICU in Firefox when switching to ESR 45.
The full changelog since 6.5a6 is:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 45.7.0esr
- Tor to 0.3.0.2-alpha
- Update Torbutton to 1.9.7
- Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.9
- Update NoScript to 18.104.22.168
- Bug 20589: Add new MAR signing key
- Bug 20981: On Windows, check TZ for timezone first
- OS X
- Bug 20989: Browser sandbox profile is too restrictive on OSX 10.12.2
- Update sandboxed-tor-browser to 0.0.3
- Bug 20735: Add snowflake pluggable transport to alpha Linux builds
- Build system
Seeing every 24 minutes during idle:
Torbutton INFO: Updated NoScript status for security settings