Tor Messenger 0.4.0b1 is released
We are pleased to announce another public beta release of Tor Messenger. This release features important improvements to the stability and security of Tor Messenger. All users are encouraged to upgrade.
Tor Messenger 0.3.0b2 users will be automatically prompted to install the update (similar to Tor Browser). On installing and restarting, the update will be applied; your account settings and OTR keys will be preserved.
Please note that Tor Messenger is still in beta. The purpose of this release is to help test the application and provide feedback. At-risk users should not depend on it for their privacy and safety.
sha256sums-signed-build.txt file containing hashes of the bundles is signed with the key
E4AC D397 5427 A5BA 8450 A1BE B01C 8B00 6DA7 7FAA). Please verify the fingerprint from the signing keys page on Tor Project's website.
Tor Messenger 0.4.0b1 -- March 06, 2017
- All Platforms
- Use the tor-browser-45.7.0esr-6.5-1-build1 tag on tor-browser
- Use the THUNDERBIRD_45_7_0_RELEASE tag on comm-esr45
- Update tor-browser to 6.5
- Update tor-launcher to 0.2.10.3
- Fix automatic generation of complete MAR files
- Trac 21231: Enable intl-api