TorBirdy 0.1.3 -- Our fourth beta release!
We are happy to announce the fourth beta release of TorBirdy: 0.1.3. All users are encouraged to upgrade as soon as possible, especially if you are using Thunderbird 31.
Notable changes in this release include:
0.1.3, 23 Oct 2014
* The default keyserver (hidden service) has been updated:
* Show the Sender header in message pane (closes #10226)
* Draft messages on IMAP accounts are now saved locally (closes #10309)
* Restore preferences to the user's own defaults instead of Thunderbird's
* network.proxy.no_proxies_on is no longer set to "localhost, 127.0.0.1"
(thanks to Carsten N.)
* Disable automatic downloading of new messages for POP3 accounts
* Update the reply_header author behaviour (closes #13480)
* TorBirdy is now available in 31 languages:
- English (US)
- English (Great Britain)
- Norwegian Bokmål
- Norwegian Nynorsk
- Portuguese (Brazil)
We offer two ways of installing TorBirdy -- either by visiting our website (sig) or by visiting the Mozilla Add-ons page for TorBirdy. Please note that there may be a delay -- which can range from a few hours to days -- before the extension is reviewed by Mozilla and updated on the Add-ons page.
As a general anonymity and security note: we are still working on two known anonymity issues with Mozilla. Please make sure that you read the Before Using TorBirdy and Known TorBirdy Issues sections on the wiki before using TorBirdy.
We had love help with getting our patches accepted, or anything that you think will help improve TorBirdy!
Feel free to follow along with the release on the tor-talk mailing list.
There are many users who will use the Debian package or who will download it from our site. We think that is best. We'd also like all end users to get it easily.
You're using different (unpublished) signing key ID 744301A2 then published one ID 1245F783 on https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/torbirdy#VerifyingtheXPI
gpg --verify torbirdy-0.1.3.xpi.asc torbirdy-0.1.3.xpi
gpg: Signature made Thu 23 Oct 2014 04:33:09 PM CEST using RSA key ID 744301A2
gpg: Good signature from "Jacob Appelbaum "
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: D2C6 7D20 E9C3 6C2A C5FE 74A2 D255 D3F5 C868 227F
Subkey fingerprint: AA67 9F13 7971 DA32 FA86 E2E6 0263 6620 7443 01A2
Please correct so we can trust this key!