Torbutton 1.4.1 Released
Torbutton 1.4.1 has been released at: https://www.torproject.org/torbutton/
This release features a "New Identity" menu option that clears browser state, closes tabs, and obtains a fresh Tor circuit for future requests. It also features a fix for breakage with Hotmail, and further isolates browser state and identifiers to the url bar domain (see https://blog.torproject.org/blog/improving-private-browsing-modes-do-no…).
However, the New Identity button and the Hotmail fix are only available to Tor Browser Bundle users. If you are still using Torbutton with a vanilla Mozilla Firefox, we strongly recommend you download the Tor Browser Bundle 2.2.x alphas from https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/ and report problems you experience, as we will be declaring them stable within the next release or two.
Stay tuned for a new Tor Browser release that contains Torbutton 1.4.1 tomorrow.
Here is the complete changelog:
* bug 523: Implement New Identity (for TBB only)
* bug 3580: Fix hotmail/live breakage (for TBB only)
* bug 3748: Disable 3rd party HTTP auth
* bug 3665: Fix several corner cases SafeCache isolation
* bug 3739: Fix https->http CORS failure for SafeCache
* bug 3414: Isolate window.name based on referrer policy
* bug 3809: Disable referer spoofing (fixes navigation issues)
* bug 3819: Fix API issue with cookie protections
* bug 3820: Fix warning w/ session store filter
Some TBB users need to set a proxy or a bridge in order to use Tor. So we can't do away with a GUI interface entirely.
If somebody wanted to make a lighter-weight Vidalia, or work on a way to make Vidalia lighter-weight, that'd be great. Keep in mind that it would be best for the interface to work on all platforms (as Vidalia does via Qt).
Please, will there ever be released Google Chrome (Chromium) Tor Browser?
It would be great, many people like this browser.