Torbutton 1.4.1 Released
Torbutton 1.4.1 has been released at: https://www.torproject.org/torbutton/
This release features a "New Identity" menu option that clears browser state, closes tabs, and obtains a fresh Tor circuit for future requests. It also features a fix for breakage with Hotmail, and further isolates browser state and identifiers to the url bar domain (see https://blog.torproject.org/blog/improving-private-browsing-modes-do-no…).
However, the New Identity button and the Hotmail fix are only available to Tor Browser Bundle users. If you are still using Torbutton with a vanilla Mozilla Firefox, we strongly recommend you download the Tor Browser Bundle 2.2.x alphas from https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/ and report problems you experience, as we will be declaring them stable within the next release or two.
Stay tuned for a new Tor Browser release that contains Torbutton 1.4.1 tomorrow.
Here is the complete changelog:
* bug 523: Implement New Identity (for TBB only)
* bug 3580: Fix hotmail/live breakage (for TBB only)
* bug 3748: Disable 3rd party HTTP auth
* bug 3665: Fix several corner cases SafeCache isolation
* bug 3739: Fix https->http CORS failure for SafeCache
* bug 3414: Isolate window.name based on referrer policy
* bug 3809: Disable referer spoofing (fixes navigation issues)
* bug 3819: Fix API issue with cookie protections
* bug 3820: Fix warning w/ session store filter