Vidalia 0.2.5 Released
On October 14th we released Vidalia 0.2.5. Changes are:
- Add support in the Network settings page for configuring the
Socks4Proxy and Socks5Proxy* options that were added in
Tor 0.2.2.1-alpha. Patch from Christopher Davis.
- Add a "Automatically distribute my bridge address" checkbox (enabled
by default) to the bridge relay settings options. (Ticket #524)
- Add ports 7000 and 7001 to the list of ports excluded by the IRC
category in the exit policy configuration tab. (Ticket #517)
- Add a context menu for highlighted event items in the "Basic" message
log view that allows the user to copy the selected item text to the
- Maybe fix a time conversion bug that could result in Vidalia
displaying the wrong uptime for a relay in the network map.
- Stop trying to enforce proper quoting and escaping of arguments to be
given to the proxy executable (e.g., Polipo). Now the user is on their
own for properly formatting the command line used to start the proxy
executable. (Ticket #523)
What does this mean about Tor and Polipo? Will this lead to a change from Polipo to something else?