Tor 0.2.8.8 is released, with important fixes
Tor 0.2.8.8 fixes two crash bugs present in previous versions of the 0.2.8.x series. Relays running 0.2.8.x should upgrade, as should users who select public relays as their bridges.
You can download the source from the Tor website. Packages should be available over the next week or so.
Below is a list of changes since 0.2.8.6.
Changes in version 0.2.8.8 - 2016-09-23
- Major bugfixes (crash):
- Fix a complicated crash bug that could affect Tor clients configured to use bridges when replacing a networkstatus consensus in which one of their bridges was mentioned. OpenBSD users saw more crashes here, but all platforms were potentially affected. Fixes bug 20103; bugfix on 0.2.8.2-alpha.
- Major bugfixes (relay, OOM handler):
- Fix a timing-dependent assertion failure that could occur when we tried to flush from a circuit after having freed its cells because of an out-of-memory condition. Fixes bug 20203; bugfix on 0.2.8.1-alpha. Thanks to "cypherpunks" for help diagnosing this one.
- Minor feature (fallback directories):
- Remove broken fallbacks from the hard-coded fallback directory list. Closes ticket 20190; patch by teor.
- Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the September 6 2016 Maxmind GeoLite2 Country database.