New Tor Browser Bundles with Firefox 17.0.5esr

All of the Tor Browser Bundles have been updated to the latest Firefox 17.0.5esr.

Tor Browser Bundle (2.3.25-6)

• Update Firefox to 17.0.5esr
  • Update NoScript to 2.6.59

Tor Browser Bundle (2.4.11-alpha-2)

• Update Firefox to 17.0.5esr
  • Update NoScript to 2.6.59

May 02, 2013

"The proxy server is refusing connections"

Same thing here with tor browser bundle tor-browser-2.3.25-6_en-US.exe on a Windows XP system . I tried those different solutions on this page, no success.

I finally reverted to version tor-browser-2.2.37-1_en-US.exe and that works fine.

May 02, 2013

I just tested the latest dev version (tor-browser-2.4.12-alpha-1_en-US.exe) and it fixes the problem, whatever that was.

Please edit my previous comment, no need to revert to 2.2 :-)

Thx for the good work, tor dev !

Does not fix the problem for me.
I have tried all the suggestions here, nothing works.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to test some more before releasing a new build.

May 04, 2013

All these people, including me, have connection issues now. Is there a way to go back to a previous version and actually get this thing to work?

May 05, 2013

Me too. Never had the slightest problem with Tor or upgrading before. Comments about firewalls or settings may be well-intentioned but are just insulting our intelligence. We can't have all simultaneously screwed up our machines. This release is fucked.

May 06, 2013

Tor Browser Bundle (2.3.25-6)

Frequently crashes. Please find below the log from the last event;

Problem signature:
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

May 23, 2013

I experienced the same problem of "The proxy server is refusing connections" with Tor Browser Bundle 2.3.25-6. That's because the Socks 5 proxy in Firefox is misconfigured to port 9150 instead of 9050. I reconfigure it through Tor button > Preferences > Use custom proxy setting > SOCKS Host port and that fixed the problem.
Enjoy Tor.

I just spent the last 30 minutes on this problem - suffering for 2 days with it. And you just fixed it. You are brilliant!!! - why is this at the bottom of the page though???? -it should be on top!

June 24, 2013

The proxy server is refusing connections- The same Firefox problem everyone seems to have though this is a month later. I downloaded Tor and it worked fine until the next day when I got this notice. BTW I am not so savvy that I can do the complex (to me) reconfigurations and gyrations that seem to be required to fix this problem so I guess I will have to go elsewhere for security until Tor solves their problems with Firefox.