Meet the Tor Summer of Privacy and Outreachy Interns
Summer of Privacy
• Chefarov will update and enhance Ahmia, a search engine tool for onion services, mentored by Juha and George.
• Dmr will expand Stem’s support as a Tor client, mentored by Damian Johnson and Teor.
• Juga will add new features to (and open source!) our bandwidth scanner, mentored by Pastly and Teor.
Tor’s Summer of Privacy is coordinated by Colin Childs (phoul).
• Cy63113 will be our user advocate, helping us understand where Tor users struggle to download, install, configure, and use Tor software, mentored by Alison Macrina and Colin.
• Jaruga will update and maintain Tor documentation, mentored by Colin.
Tor’s Outreachy program is coordinated by Tommy Collison (t0mmy).
We’re believers in the power of paid internships to discover new talent, help new folks join the Tor community, and make our privacy-enhancing software even better. If you’re interested in seeing how the interns progress with their projects, you can join our tor-dev mailing list.
Congrats again to those who were selected, and thanks to our coordinators and mentors who provide guidance and encouragement.
all that is yet solved :
- except for chemical weapon (not possible)
- except for ADS-B (i do no know what it is)
IMO, it is not the job of EFF or Tor and the solutions are given as it without any warranty (DIY) _ the better way is to avoid it or destroy it : swimming between the sharks is no the right protocol even for the spies.
I encourage TP to think big, but I also think it's important to maximize the chances of a good experience for the interns, and giving them tasks which do not appear unrealistic and double-teamed mentoring strikes me as a very good idea.