New Release: Tor Browser 8.5a1
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
Tor Browser 8.5a1 is the first alpha release in the 8.5 series. It contains all the improvements from the new 8.0 release. In addition, we updated Tor to 0.3.4.7-rc and fixed an issue with Moat when a meek bridge has been configured.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.0a10 is:
- All platforms
- Update Firefox to 60.2.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.3.4.7-rc
- Update OpenSSL to 1.0.2p
- Update Torbutton to 2.0.6
- Bug 27401: Start listening for NoScript before it loads
- Bug 27276: Adapt to new NoScript messaging protocol
- Bug 26884: Use Torbutton to provide security slider on mobile
- Bug 26962: Circuit display onboarding
- Bug 26520: Fix sec slider/NoScript for TOR_SKIP_LAUNCH=1
- Bug 26490: Remove the security slider notification
- Bug 27301: Improve about:tor behavior and appearance
- Bug 27097: Add text for Tor News signup widget
- Bug 27214: Improve the onboarding text
- Translations update
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.16.4
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2018.8.22
- Update NoScript to 10.1.9.1
- Bug 26962: New feature onboarding
- Bug 27403: The onboarding bubble is not always displayed
- Bug 27283: Fix first-party isolation for UI tour
- Bug 27213: Update about:tbupdate to new (about:tor) layout
- Bug 26670: Make canvas permission prompt respect first-party isolation
- Bug 26561: .onion images are not displayed
- Bug 21787: Spoof en-US for date picker
- Bug 21607: Disable WebVR for now until it is properly audited
- Bug 21549: Disable wasm for now until it is properly audited
- Bug 26614: Disable Web Authentication API until it is properly audited
- Bug 27281: Enable Reader View mode again
- Bug 26114: Don't expose navigator.mozAddonManager to websites
- Bug 26048: Fix potentially confusing "restart to update" message
- Bug 27221: Purge startup cache if Tor Browser version changed
- Bug 26049: Reduce delay for showing update prompt to 1 hour
- Bug 25405: Cannot use Moat if a meek bridge is configured
- Bug 27268+27257+27262+26603 : Preferences clean-up
- Build System
TOR does not load. I can however get the following report.
[NOTICE] Bootstrapped 85%: Finishing handshake with first hop
9/7/18, 05:12:27.570 [NOTICE] Bootstrapped 90%: Establishing a Tor circuit
9/7/18, 05:12:27.676 [WARN] Rejecting SOCKS request for anonymous connection to private address [scrubbed].
9/7/18, 05:12:28.704 [NOTICE] Tor has successfully opened a circuit. Looks like client functionality is working.
9/7/18, 05:12:28.704 [NOTICE] Bootstrapped 100%: Done
What does "does not load" mean? This looks good so far.