New Release: Tor Browser 8.0.5
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
This new release updates Firefox to 60.5.0esr and Tor to the first stable release in the 0.3.5 series, 0.3.5.7.
It contains a number of backports from the alpha series, most notably the proper first-party isolation of range requests when loading PDF documents.
We also updated NoScript and HTTPS Everywhere to their latest versions and removed our donation campaign related code.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.0.4 is:
- All platforms
- Update Firefox to 60.5.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.3.5.7
- Update Torbutton to 2.0.10
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.1.7
- Update NoScript to 10.2.1
- Bug 26540: Enabling pdfjs disableRange option prevents pdfs from loading
- Bug 28740: Adapt Windows navigator.platform value on 64-bit systems
- Bug 28695: Set default security.pki.name_matching_mode to enforce (3)
Is that reproducible? Which Windows version is that? 32bit or 64bit? Does that happen with older Tor Browser versions as well (see: https://archive.torproject.org/tor-package-archive/torbrowser/)? If so, which one is the first showing this problem?
Looks like Windows 7 64bit. But what Tor Browser version is that? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 Thin PC x86 (VirtualBox 6.0.4 guest OS)
Still crashes. Older version (7.x) has an application error. https://i.imgur.com/LOMmPJo.png
I don't know why this crash is happening. There is no other problem than that test.
I am not good at English so I cannot tell you more. Thank you.