New alpha release: Tor 0.4.1.3-alpha
There's a new alpha release available for download. If you build Tor from source, you can download the source code for 0.4.1.3-alpha from the usual place on the website. Packages should be available over the coming weeks, with a new alpha Tor Browser release likely in the next couple of weeks.
Remember, this is an alpha release: you should only run this if you'd like to find and report more bugs than usual.
Tor 0.4.1.3-alpha resolves numerous bugs left over from the previous alpha, most of them from earlier release series.
Changes in version 0.4.1.3-alpha - 2019-06-25
- Major bugfixes (Onion service reachability):
- Properly clean up the introduction point map when circuits change purpose from onion service circuits to pathbias, measurement, or other circuit types. This should fix some service-side instances of introduction point failure. Fixes bug 29034; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
- Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the June 10 2019 Maxmind GeoLite2 Country database. Closes ticket 30852.
- Minor features (logging):
- Give a more useful assertion failure message if we think we have minherit() but we fail to make a region non-inheritable. Give a compile-time warning if our support for minherit() is incomplete. Closes ticket 30686.
- Minor bugfixes (circuit isolation):
- Fix a logic error that prevented the SessionGroup sub-option from being accepted. Fixes bug 22619; bugfix on 0.2.7.2-alpha.
- Minor bugfixes (continuous integration):
- Allow the test-stem job to fail in Travis, because it sometimes hangs. Fixes bug 30744; bugfix on 0.3.5.4-alpha.
- Skip test_rebind on macOS in Travis, because it is unreliable on macOS on Travis. Fixes bug 30713; bugfix on 0.3.5.1-alpha.
- Skip test_rebind when the TOR_SKIP_TEST_REBIND environment variable is set. Fixes bug 30713; bugfix on 0.3.5.1-alpha.
- Minor bugfixes (directory authorities):
- Stop crashing after parsing an unknown descriptor purpose annotation. We think this bug can only be triggered by modifying a local file. Fixes bug 30781; bugfix on 0.2.0.8-alpha.
- Minor bugfixes (pluggable transports):
- When running as a bridge with pluggable transports, always publish pluggable transport information in our extrainfo descriptor, even if ExtraInfoStatistics is 0. This information is needed by BridgeDB. Fixes bug 30956; bugfix on 0.4.1.1-alpha.
- Mention URLs for Travis/Appveyor/Jenkins in ReleasingTor.md. Closes ticket 30630.