Tor 0.2.1.8-alpha is now available
Tor 0.2.1.8-alpha fixes some crash bugs in earlier alpha releases,
builds better on unusual platforms like Solaris and old OS X, and fixes
a variety of other issues.
Changes in version 0.2.1.8-alpha - 2008-12-08
- New DirPortFrontPage option that takes an html file and publishes
it as "/" on the DirPort. Now relay operators can provide a
disclaimer without needing to set up a separate webserver. There's
a sample disclaimer in contrib/tor-exit-notice.html.
- When the client is choosing entry guards, now it selects at most
one guard from a given relay family. Otherwise we could end up with
all of our entry points into the network run by the same operator.
Suggested by Camilo Viecco. Fix on 0.1.1.11-alpha.
- Fix a DOS opportunity during the voting signature collection process
at directory authorities. Spotted by rovv. Bugfix on 0.2.0.x.
- Fix a possible segfault when establishing an exit connection. Bugfix
- Get file locking working on win32. Bugfix on 0.2.1.6-alpha. Fixes
- Made Tor a little less aggressive about deleting expired
certificates. Partial fix for bug 854.
- Stop doing unaligned memory access that generated bus errors on
sparc64. Bugfix on 0.2.0.10-alpha. Fix for bug 862.
- Fix a crash bug when changing EntryNodes from the controller. Bugfix
on 0.2.1.6-alpha. Fix for bug 867. Patched by Sebastian.
- Make USR2 log-level switch take effect immediately. Bugfix on
- If one win32 nameserver fails to get added, continue adding the
rest, and don't automatically fail.
- Use fcntl() for locking when flock() is not available. Should fix
compilation on Solaris. Should fix Bug 873. Bugfix on 0.2.1.6-alpha.
- Do not mark smartlist_bsearch_idx() function as ATTR_PURE. This bug
could make gcc generate non-functional binary search code. Bugfix
- Build correctly on platforms without socklen_t.
- Avoid potential crash on internal error during signature collection.
Fixes bug 864. Patch from rovv.
- Do not use C's stdio library for writing to log files. This will
improve logging performance by a minute amount, and will stop
leaking fds when our disk is full. Fixes bug 861.
- Stop erroneous use of O_APPEND in cases where we did not in fact
want to re-seek to the end of a file before every last write().
- Correct handling of possible malformed authority signing key
certificates with internal signature types. Fixes bug 880. Bugfix
- Fix a hard-to-trigger resource leak when logging credential status.
- Directory mirrors no longer fetch the v1 directory or
running-routers files. They are obsolete, and nobody asks for them
anymore. This is the first step to making v1 authorities obsolete.
Minor features (controller):
The original announcement can be found at http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Dec-2008/msg00129.html
tbb is always a week or so behind the releases. I'm sure it is coming.