Tor Browser 3.6.6 is released
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
Here is the complete changelog for 3.6.6:
- All Platforms
- Update Tor to tor-0.2.4.24
- Update Firefox to 24.8.1esr
- Update NoScript to 126.96.36.199
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 4.0.1
- Bug 12998: Prevent intermediate certs from being written to disk
- Update Torbutton to 188.8.131.52
- Bug 13091: Use "Tor Browser" everywhere
- Bug 10804: Workaround fix for some cases of startup hang
- Bug 9150: Make RPATH unavailable on Tor binary.
The list of frequently encountered known issues is also available in our bug tracker.
I'm asking this question here because I can't find anywhere else to ask, and I'm just tearing my hair out. I'm new to the deep web, I have the Tor browser bundle, and I disabled all the settings just like http://tutorneunixbasq6.onion/guide/tbb.html recommended. Whenever I try to set up an e-mail account, anywhere, the Captcha will not validate me. I know how to type; I've tried dozens of times; I've tried every e-mail service (I'd like to use MailTor). I've tried "Temporarily allow this page" in case that was the problem. I have no idea what's wrong, and without e-mail, I can't join any forum to ask for help with e-mail! Can someone please help me? Thanks.