Tor Browser 3.6.6 is released
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
Here is the complete changelog for 3.6.6:
- All Platforms
- Update Tor to tor-0.2.4.24
- Update Firefox to 24.8.1esr
- Update NoScript to 220.127.116.11
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 4.0.1
- Bug 12998: Prevent intermediate certs from being written to disk
- Update Torbutton to 18.104.22.168
- Bug 13091: Use "Tor Browser" everywhere
- Bug 10804: Workaround fix for some cases of startup hang
- Bug 9150: Make RPATH unavailable on Tor binary.
The list of frequently encountered known issues is also available in our bug tracker.
I'm asking this question here because I can't find anywhere else to ask, and I'm just tearing my hair out. I'm new to the deep web, I have the Tor browser bundle, and I disabled all the settings just like http://tutorneunixbasq6.onion/guide/tbb.html recommended. Whenever I try to set up an e-mail account, anywhere, the Captcha will not validate me. I know how to type; I've tried dozens of times; I've tried every e-mail service (I'd like to use MailTor). I've tried "Temporarily allow this page" in case that was the problem. I have no idea what's wrong, and without e-mail, I can't join any forum to ask for help with e-mail! Can someone please help me? Thanks.
Did you know that Qualys SSL Labs gives safe-mail.net an "F" for its SSL implementation? Why would anyone use such a service and expect privacy?
Properly implementing end-to-end encryption on the parts of BOTH parties emailing each other should be the first concern-- regardless of provider.
Quality of SSL/TLS implementation is a legitimate concern but nonetheless a secondary one here.