Tor Browser 7.0a2 is released
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
This alpha release mainly contains updates to several of our Tor Browser components: Firefox got updated to 45.8.0esr, Tor to 0.3.0.4-rc, OpenSSL to 1.0.2k, and HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.11.
Additionally, we updated the bridges we ship with Tor Browser and fixed some regressions that came with our last release.
In the previous release we introduced filtering of content requests to resource:// and chrome:// URIs in order to neuter a fingerprinting vector. This change however breaks the Session Manager addon. Users who think having extensions like that one working is much more important than avoiding the possible information leakage associated with that can now toggle the 'extensions.torbutton.resource_and_chrome_uri_fingerprinting' preference, setting it to 'true' to disable our defense against this type of fingerprinting.
Another known regression is the resizing of the window. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 7.0a1 is:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 45.8.0esr
- Tor to 0.3.0.4-rc
- OpenSSL to 1.0.2k
- Update Torbutton to 220.127.116.11
- Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.11
- Bug 21514: Restore W^X JIT implementation removed from ESR45
- Bug 21536: Remove scramblesuit bridge
- Bug 21342: Move meek-azure to the meek.azureedge.net backend and cymrubridge02 bridge
- Bug 21348: Make snowflake only available on Linux for now
- Bug 21326: Update the "Using a system-installed Tor" section in start script
- Build system
12:32:53.433 : Component returned failure code: 0x805e0007 [nsIWebNavigation.loadURI] viewSource-content.js:349:0