New Release: Tor Browser 8.5.4
Tor Browser 8.5.4 contains updates to a number of its components. Above all, we include Firefox 60.8.0esr which contains important security fixes. Moreover, after some testing in the alpha series, we start shipping Tor 0.4.0.5 and update OpenSSL to 1.0.2s for the desktop platforms.
Finally, we add a fundraising banner to help us getting more donations. Please donate if you can!
The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.5.3 is:
- All platforms
- Update Firefox to 60.8.0esr
- Update Torbutton to 2.1.12
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.6.27
- Bug 31055+31058: Remove four default bridges
- Bug 30712: Backport fix for Mozilla's bug 1552993
- Bug 30849: Backport fixes for Mozilla's bug 1552627 and 1549833
- Windows + OS X + Linux
- Update Tor to 0.4.0.5
- Update OpenSSL to 1.0.2s
- Bug 29045: Ensure that tor does not start up in dormant mode
- OS X
- Bug 30631: Blurry Tor Browser icon on macOS app switcher
Update related to https://blog.torproject.org/comment/282424#comment-282424
Also Tor Browser 8.5.4
Unable to retrieve settinngs.
and immediately replaced with
Tor unexpectly exited.
Jul 11 08:42:06.000 [notice] New control connection opened from 127.0.0.1.
Jul 11 08:42:07.000 [notice] Owning controller connection has closed -- exiting now.
Jul 11 08:42:07.000 [notice] Catching signal TERM, exiting cleanly.
Problem with tor launcer first message is that it is not possible
to read all text because closing of controller connection causes
message that Tor unexpectly exited.
Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
with small memory
MemTotal: 1013216 kB
MemFree: 95716 kB
MemAvailable: 378772 kB
Buffers: 189616 kB
Cached: 243924 kB
SwapCached: 6868 kB
Active: 406268 kB
Inactive: 384508 kB
I suspect that this error is timing related.