New Release: Tor Browser 8.5.4
Tor Browser 8.5.4 contains updates to a number of its components. Above all, we include Firefox 60.8.0esr which contains important security fixes. Moreover, after some testing in the alpha series, we start shipping Tor 0.4.0.5 and update OpenSSL to 1.0.2s for the desktop platforms.
Finally, we add a fundraising banner to help us getting more donations. Please donate if you can!
The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.5.3 is:
- All platforms
- Update Firefox to 60.8.0esr
- Update Torbutton to 2.1.12
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.6.27
- Bug 31055+31058: Remove four default bridges
- Bug 30712: Backport fix for Mozilla's bug 1552993
- Bug 30849: Backport fixes for Mozilla's bug 1552627 and 1549833
- Windows + OS X + Linux
- Update Tor to 0.4.0.5
- Update OpenSSL to 1.0.2s
- Bug 29045: Ensure that tor does not start up in dormant mode
- OS X
- Bug 30631: Blurry Tor Browser icon on macOS app switcher
The release planned for 2019-10-22 will be based on Firefox 68.
Will there be an alpha release based on Firefox 68 before that date?
Yes, probably more than one. Right now we have the first alpha based on ESR 68 scheduled for 9/3/2019.