Tor Browser 10.0.10 is now available from the Tor Browser download page and also from our
We have a new stable release today. If you build Tor from source, you can download the source code for 0.4.4.7 on the download page. Packages should be available within the next several weeks, with a new Tor Browser later this month.
We're also releasing updates for older stable release series. You can download 0.3.5.13 (changelog) and 0.4.3.8 (changelog) from dist.torproject.org. Note that the 0.4.3.x series will no longer be supported after 15 February.
Tor 0.4.4.7 backports numerous bugfixes from later releases, including one that made v3 onion services more susceptible to denial-of-service attacks, and a feature that makes some kinds of DoS attacks harder to perform.
Changes in version 0.4.4.7 - 2021-02-03
- Major bugfixes (onion service v3, backport from 0.4.5.3-rc):
- Stop requiring a live consensus for v3 clients and services, and allow a "reasonably live" consensus instead. This allows v3 onion services to work even if the authorities fail to generate a consensus for more than 2 hours in a row. Fixes bug 40237; bugfix on 0.3.5.1-alpha.
- Major feature (exit, backport from 0.4.5.5-rc):
- Re-entry into the network is now denied at the Exit level to all relays' ORPorts and authorities' ORPorts and DirPorts. This change should help mitgate a set of denial-of-service attacks. Closes ticket 2667.
Tor Browser 10.0.9 is now available from the Tor Browser download page and also from our
Tor Browser 10.5a8 is now available from the Tor Browser Alpha download page and also from our
There's a new release candidate available for download. If you build Tor from source, you can download the source code for 0.4.5.4-rc from the download page on the website. Packages should be available over the coming weeks, with a new alpha Tor Browser release likely around this coming Tuesday.
Tor 0.4.5.4-rc is the second release candidate in its series. It fixes several bugs present in previous releases.
We expect that the stable release will be the same, or almost the same, as this release candidate, unless serious bugs are found.
Changes in version 0.4.5.4-rc - 2021-01-22
- Major bugfixes (authority, IPv6):
- Do not consider multiple relays in the same IPv6 /64 network to be sybils. Fixes bug 40243; bugfix on 0.4.5.1-alpha.
- Major bugfixes (directory cache, performance, windows):
- Limit the number of items in the consensus diff cache to 64 on Windows. We hope this will mitigate an issue where Windows relay operators reported Tor using 100% CPU, while we investigate better solutions. Fixes bug 24857; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha.
Tor Browser 10.5a7 is now available from the Tor Browser Alpha download page and also from our
In our last article, published in RIPE's website, we described the work that happened in 2020 related to giving IPv6 support to the Tor network. Tor 0.4.5.1-alpha is the first release that includes all the work described in the RIPE article. Relays running 0.4.5.1-alpha are the first to report IPv6 bandwidth statistics.